2009/03/30

OUR TOPIC-FINALLY!

After much conversation and much weighing of options, our group (Mia, Laura, and myself) have decided to explore the development of nations which were once occupied or controlled by larger and more powerful nations to that of their own and then given their independence due to many factors. Among the many areas we want to explore are, how did they gain their independence/ why did they want it?, what happened after they gained their independence?, why were they occupied in the first place?, etc. We each plan to take on a different instance in which this happened in history.

I am not sure what Laura and Mia are doing exactly (there was talk of Ireland's independence, Moorish Spain, Spain's occupation of the Netherlands, Poland, etc.), but I am proud to say that I will be exploring Russia, or the USSR's, occupation of the Baltic states in the 20th century. I have a personal affiliation with this topic, being a Latvian, and it is something I have always wanted to learn more about, it being the reason I live in North America/ exist. So, there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment